Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Prolegomena

At the gentle prodding of certain friends, I have finally decided to indulge in myself that gauche modern notion that the detritus cluttering a cathode-addled brain looks better in electronic type. Or, perhaps I simply know that certain acquaintances of mine do in fact spend a deuced long time on the internet; and conceive that, by providing them with a paragraph or two of public blithering and indictments, I can enervate the general neglect which I have shown them during my past three years of academic seclusion. But make no mistake: I cannot pretend, however feebly, to emulate the genius of Odious and Peculiar (or, for the matter of that, of either individually). I have neither the wit, the knowledge of opera, nor the free access to intoxicating liquors for such an undertaking. Any chance I may have had to contribute to such a grand enterprise as Odious's and Peculiar's was dashed by my failure to think of a sufficiently catchy adjective. I must, therefore, try to make up in an aboundance of free time (of which I find myself briefly in possession since my recent graduation from Law School) for those aforementioned qualities that I lack. I will probably restrict most of my commentaries to my areas of expertise, which at present consist in a somewhat warped, federalist view of American constitutional law and tradition. I offer up the caveat that, however bombastic and (occasionally)politically controversial my comments may appear, I don't really present it to have it commented upon, unless you are one of the few about whose opinion I happen to care. I once cohabited with Dialogue for long enough that the two of us are barely on speaking terms. I have, therefore no intention of opening up my sololoquy to those who would spoil it with tedious contrary observations, more particularly if those observations happen to be true.
Therefore, I will now go to avail myself of my small stock of Paulaner HefeWeizen, to take inspiration for a post about Tennessee v. Lane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home